Another favourite recipe adapted from Isa Chandra’s Post-Punk Kitchen. It is perfect when you want something light and refreshing. Great for the summer and very adaptable – it also only takes about 20 minutes from fridge to plate.
- 1 block of firm smoked tofu
- 1 small red onion – finely sliced
- 1 red or orange pepper – finely sliced
- 5 mushrooms – finely sliced
- Small head of brocoli – cut into florets
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 ripe mango – cubed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 cups of cooked rice
Thinly slice the tofu and fry on both sides until crispy. Set aside.
Fry the vegetables in hot oil for a couple of minutes before adding the cashew nuts and mango. Warm through and then add the soy sauce and lime juice. Mix in the cooked rice.
Shred the tofu and stir through the rest of the ingredients.