Thank you for the amazing Vegan Life for nominating me for the Leibster Award!
1. Add the award icon to your blog!
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you.
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, & create 11 questions for your nominations to answer.
5. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award.
Facts About Me
- After about 21 years of being vegetarianism I went vegan at the age of 30. I saw through the lies of the dairy industry.
- I teach Geography to teenage boys. I love it.
- My favourite running books are Mud, Sweat and Tears and Born to Run.
- I live in the UK in East Sussex close to the vegan heaven of Brighton. I know I am lucky.
- I love to cook and read about food. One of my favourite cookbooks is Vegetarian Hearth
- The first blog I read about veganism and running is No Meat Athlete. I read through the entire archive in a few days.
- I have run a couple of marathons and am now training for a 50 mile run along the South Down Way.
- I run with my wife (the lovely Mrs Herbifit), a Collie and a Terrier. All three can outrun me. Easily.
- I have three chickens from before we went vegan. They have destroyed my garden. In the future we will house rescue chickens. Our neighbours get a lot of eggs.
- I think veganism is simple. It is wrong to cause needless suffering. We don’t need to use animal products. Using animal products cause suffering. It is wrong to use animal products. People don’t like it when you point this out.
- I have recently discovered the joy of cross-training. Yay Boxercise.
My answer to Vegan Life’s questions
1. Yoga or Pilates? Pilates – but I am terrible at any kind of stretching.
2. Book or movie? Book! Always. having said that I would love to see ‘Born to Run the Movie’.
3. Gingerbread or peppermint? Gingerbread. I love ginger cookies and cakes.
4. Ocean or lake? – Either. As long as I get to stay on dry land and look at it.
5. Run or Bike? – Run. Last time I got on a bike I hurt my back and couldn’t run for two weeks. I’ll never forgive it.
6. Acai or gogi berries? Gogi berries. In my malt loaf recipe.
7. Scuba dive or Sky dive? Not by bag really. Scuba if I had to chose but I’d rather not.
8. Morning or evening? Either. Dawn and Dusk are the best times of day for a run on the trails.
9. Ski or surf? I’d love to try cross country skiing.
10. Australia or Europe? Europe. Lets cut down on the carbon foot print 🙂
11. Seashells or Seahorses? – Seashells are pretty and I can take them home. Not sure I could see a seahorse in the wild.
Questions for my Nominees.
- How do you make dietry choices? What is important for you?
- What is your favourite under-appreciated ingredient?
- Why do you write your blog?
- What is your favourite drink?
- What book would you recommend everyone read?
- What annoys you?
- What makes you laugh?
- Can you dance?
- If you could take just one thing from your house when it was on fire what would it be?
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
- What would you like to have written on your tombstone?
- Midnight Blossoms
- Fried Tofu
- Clean Eating Veggie Girl
- Vegan Future
- Vegan Munch
- Change for a Year
- Jan Lingden
- Jouney of vegan fitness