One of my favourite dishes, quick and easy to make, packed with protein and kale goodness 🙂 I like to serve it with brown rice for some extra carbs before a long run but it goes well with noodles or just on its own. You can of course make your own Thai paste if you have time but the list of ingredients is somewhat terrifying and unless you are going to eat it every day I’m not sure it is worth it – just check the ingredient list of one you buy to look for fish sauce nastiness.
- 1 block smoked tofu
- 1 large handful cashew nuts
- 1 red chilli
- thumb sized piece of ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes – diced into 1cm cubes
- Half bag of kale – shredded
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
I’m not sure you really need directions but here goes.
- Slice the tofu and fry in hot oil on both sides until crisp and set aside.
- Fry the cashew nuts and chili breifly in a pan with a lit before adding the paste and ginger.
- Add coconut milk and bring to simmering point
- Add sweet potato peanut butter if you are using it. Cover and leave on a low heat for 20 minutes
- Add kale and cover
- 5 min in check for tenderness and serve topped with the crispy tofu.
Serves 2-3 (Or in our case, 2 and some left over for lunch 🙂 )